If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kale is supposed to be the best possible green to put into your body, and according to, I don't know, Instagram, it will make you into a superhuman beach goddess. This has yet to happen to me. And I'm thinking it may have something to do with all of the cheese and the bacon I add to said kale? Please advise. Will forgo divinity if it means I get to keep eating this salad. —Kendra Vaculin
For the salad:
- 2 cups Brussels sprout ribbons (about 6 Brussels sprouts, chopped width-wise to create ribbons)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Sprinkle of shelled sunflower seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Combine the kale and Brussels sprouts in a medium bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, and seeds; toss everything to combine.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small glass. Heat the mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds, then whisk the dressing again and toss it into the salad. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!