If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Think risotto's just for restaurants? Nope. Here we show you (there's a video!) how easy it is to whip up this dreamy dish! Creamy (yet creamless) and utterly satisfying, you can't go wrong with making this Italian delight - all you have to do is stir. Yes, stir a few times and you end up with tender rice and nutrient-rich spinach blended with white wine and Parmesan. —bitememore
- 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 cups loosely packed baby spinach, stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1) In a medium saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a simmer over low heat. Keep it warm throughout cook time.
- 2) In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion and fennel, cooking 5 minutes, until softened. Add the rice, stirring constantly to coat. Add wine and continue stirring as the rice absorbs the liquid. Add 1 cup of vegetable broth, stirring frequently until the liquid is absorbed. Once absorbed, add another cup of broth to the rice. Repeat, making sure each addition of liquid is absorbed before adding the next. Continue for 18-20 minutes, until rice is creamy and tender. Once cooked, remove from hear and stir in spinach and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.