If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is all about Fall with my favorite 2 produce items of the season! It only has a few ingredients and it's easy to make so that's a big win in my book. —thesinglebite
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 in cubes
- olive oil
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan butter (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat iron skillet (or nonstick skillet) over medium heat with enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Let warm for a few minutes. You don't want to throw your sweet potatoes into a cold skillet with cold oil - it should sizzle a little bit.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir around a little to coat in the oil. Let cook untouched for about 5 minutes. Then give them a toss, bottoms should be a little browned, and cook another 5 minutes. Add additional oil in needed to keep them from sticking.
- Add onion and apple, cook 4-5 minutes until everything is tender and the sweet potatoes are browned.
- Stir in butter if using, give a toss to melt it and coat everything. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.