If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled prawns with almond red pepper sauce and cress salad —julia sherman
- 12 jumbo prawns
- 1 / 2 small tin of anchovies, packed in oil
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 / 4 cups dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 / 3 cups olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cloves black fermented garlic, or roasted garlic cloves
- 1 / 2 cups marcona almonds
- 1 splash balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 shallots
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind all ingredients for the prawns until well combined. Toss with shrimps in a bowl, sprinkle with sea salt, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. I left mine for a few hours.
- Toast almonds (reserving the extra tablespoon of almonds for garnish) until they start to brown in a pan or toaster oven. Slice peppers and shallot thinly and saute with olive oil in a pan until they soften. You can add a 1/4 cup water and cover, cook on low for 5 minutes. In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the romesco except for the olive oil, and pulse. Add the oil in a slow stream as you pulse. Do not over blend, you should still have some of texture of the nuts in there.
- Wash and spin Upland Cress. Cut in half lengthwise, add to mixing bowl.