If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cornbread is a perfect balance of savory and sweet, rich and light. It's also easy to prepare, which makes it an ideal last-minute addition to a soup or chili dinner. —Gena Hamshaw
Makes 8 to 10 pieces
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground white or yellow cornmeal, or corn flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Whisk the apple cider vinegar and soy milk together vigorously and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add the oil to the soy milk mixture and then add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing until they are totally incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish and bake for 35 minutes, or until the top of the cornbread is firm and the edges are turning golden. Allow the bread to cool before cutting it into squares and serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!