tablespoons olive oil
medium yellow onions, chopped
large leeks, whites and greens thinly sliced
cups vegetable stock
pound wild salmon, skinless, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
freshly ground black pepper
cup heavy cream
In This Recipe
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and leeks and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are nice and tender. Remove bay leaf from pot.
- Meanwhile, generously season salmon pieces with salt and pepper.
- When vegetables are done, transfer about half the soup to a food processor and puree until smooth. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to puree half. Return pureed soup to pot and mix well.
- Return pot to medium-low heat and add salmon pieces. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until salmon turns a light pink and starts to break apart. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff