If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
tablespoons olive oil
medium yellow onions, chopped
large leeks, whites and greens thinly sliced
cups vegetable stock
pound wild salmon, skinless, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
freshly ground black pepper
cup heavy cream
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and leeks and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are nice and tender. Remove bay leaf from pot.
- Meanwhile, generously season salmon pieces with salt and pepper.
- When vegetables are done, transfer about half the soup to a food processor and puree until smooth. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to puree half. Return pureed soup to pot and mix well.
- Return pot to medium-low heat and add salmon pieces. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until salmon turns a light pink and starts to break apart. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff