If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This hearty, creamy Tomato Soup is dairy-free as well as Paleo. Make yourself a batch and curl up to enjoy the fall weather. —Primal Palate
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1 tablespoon duck fat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 vine-ripened tomato, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and chopped
- .5 cups coconut milk
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a large soup pot, heat the duck fat over medium heat
- Add the onion to the pot and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot and continue to saute.
- Season the tomatoes with a little salt to help them release their liquid.
- Add the garlic to the pot, and continue to saute until the tomatoes and onions are soft.
- Add the coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine the vegetables with the coconut milk.
- Add the tomato paste to the pot, and stir vigorously to make sure the tomato paste is evenly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, as well as dried oregano. Stir, and turn the burner to low heat.
- Add the broth to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. You can also accomplish this in a high speed blender.
- Allow the soup to simmer until serving.