Author Notes: This hearty, creamy Tomato Soup is dairy-free as well as Paleo. Make yourself a batch and curl up to enjoy the fall weather. —Primal Palate
cups bone broth
tablespoon duck fat
vine-ripened tomato, quartered
garlic clove, smashed and chopped
cups coconut milk
ounces tomato paste
salt and pepper, to taste
teaspoons dried oregano
In This Recipe
- In a large soup pot, heat the duck fat over medium heat
- Add the onion to the pot and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot and continue to saute.
- Season the tomatoes with a little salt to help them release their liquid.
- Add the garlic to the pot, and continue to saute until the tomatoes and onions are soft.
- Add the coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine the vegetables with the coconut milk.
- Add the tomato paste to the pot, and stir vigorously to make sure the tomato paste is evenly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, as well as dried oregano. Stir, and turn the burner to low heat.
- Add the broth to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. You can also accomplish this in a high speed blender.
- Allow the soup to simmer until serving.