If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You just go for this kind of thing, you know? You just say, oh, a whole cup of heavy cream? And some butter? AND cheese? Yeah ok, I can do that, I can dig that, I can whip that up and inhale that and then dream about it later. No Regrets Pasta. —Kendra Vaculin
- 8 ounces (half a box) pasta -- I used those lil' spiraly ones because I like those, but fettuccini would give this a stroganoff vibe
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- Prepare pasta according to the box. You know how to make pasta. You’re very smart.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large pan. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté for about 5 to 10 minutes, allowing the 'shrooms to cook down until they're browned and fragrant.
- Add the wine, cream, veggie broth, and balsamic and bring it all to a boil. Let boil for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency. Season it to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce and 'shrooms over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan to serve, and then gobble.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!