If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Protein Packed Quinoa with bacon and dried cranberries —prairiekuchen
Squash and Quinoa
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 strips of bacon
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Cut the squash in half and remove seeds. Bake face down at 350 for approximately 45 minutes until soft. Let cool. Meanwhile cook the quinoa in the broth according to directions. Let cool to room temperature. Chop the bacon and brown over medium heat. Remove bacon and add in the chopped shallot to the grease until cooked through. Mix the dressing ingredients - all but the bacon. Pour over the dressing over the quinoa. Add bacon, shallots and cranberries last. Pour or "stuff" into the acorn squash.
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes