If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These rolls use a classic soda bread base with a few extras for flavor, color and all-round goodness. Quick to make, these are great warm with butter or as a side eg to soup. —carolinescooking
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the flours, baking soda and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, grated zucchini, carrot and cheese and mix until combined. Try not to over-mix.
- Scoop the mixture out on to a floured surface and form into a flattened ball.
- Cut the dough into eight (easiest to cut almost like a pizza across four times) and gently smooth the edges of each to make eight rolls.
- Place the rolls onto floured baking sheets, you can cut a cross shape on the top of each if you like, then place in the oven for 40mins until brown. You can test if you get a hollow sound when you tab the bottom of one.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good