If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is really easy to prepare, once you removed the outer leaves, the cabbages are completely coated in a strong ginger lemon olive oil and roasted in the oven for about half an hour. If you’re a big fan of these two flavours (like me) you can add a lot of grated ginger and lemon zest to the aromatic oil to give the vegetable a completely new direction. —Meike Peters | eat in my kitchen
pounds (750g) brussels sprouts
cup olive oil
tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
lemon, zest finely grated
tablespoon finely grated ginger
- Set the oven to 390°F / 200°C.
- Cut the bottom off the cabbages, remove the outer leaves and cut the brussels sprouts in half.
- Whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, zest and ginger.
- Spread the brussels sprouts in a baking dish and mix them with the aromatic oil using your fingers to coat them thoroughly, sprinkle them with sugar and salt.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and turn the cabbages with a spoon or spatula after about 10 minutes and then every 5 minutes to prevent them turning too dark. Take them out of the oven after about 25-30 minutes or when they are golden brown and al dente.