If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have a large amount of leftovers that you need to put a dent in, why not start with breakfast?! —fiveandspice
- olive oil or butter
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and chopped to almost a paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup leftover roast turkey, diced
- 1/4 cup leftover stuffing
- 3 tablespoons leftover cooked vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, green beans, or roasted root vegetables
- 1 large egg
- 1 large spoonful of mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 large flour tortilla (10- or 12-inch, or as big as you can get)
- sour cream and chopped cilantro or parlsey for serving, if desired
- Salsa or leftover cranberry sauce, for serving (optional)
- In a large sauté pan, heat the butter or oil over medium-high heat until foaming (if butter) or shimmering (if oil). Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, then add the spices and allow to sizzle until fragrant, about another minute.
- Stir in the chopped turkey, the stuffing, and the veggies. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until heated through and coated with the spices. Crack the egg over the contents of the pan, then stir it into the rest of ingredients. Continue cooking until the egg is cooked through, about another minute or two, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Warm the mashed (regular or sweet) potatoes and the tortilla (I just warmed them together in the microwave because it seemed the easiest). Spread a pillow of the potato in the center of the tortilla. Heap a few large scoops of the turkey-stuffing-veggie mixture in the center of the tortilla (I like to stuff my burritos within a half-inch of their life. They don't usually fold very neatly I'm ok with that.). Add some sour cream and cilantro or parsley, if desired.
- Roll up the "burrito" (here's a tutorial that includes rolling instructions: https://food52.com/blog/7267-how-to-make-any-burrito-in-5-steps ) and eat -- you can also serve it with salsa or with leftover cranberry sauce on the side!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!