If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Arugula and endive salad with spicy roasted pecans, pears, dried cherries, and crumbled blue cheese. —Riley Wofford
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat the oven to 225°F. Spray a small rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the egg white in a small bowl. Add the pecans and stir to coat. Add the sugar, cinnamon, salt, cayenne, and allspice and toss to coat. Spread the nuts out onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces baby arugula leaves
- 4 small heads endive, cored and sliced
- 1 large Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and honey in a small bowl to combine. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss together the arugula, endive, pear, blue cheese, red onion, dried cherries, and spicy pecans in a serving bowl. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to coat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Egg Whites