If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: roasted parsnips and garlic with sautéed apples and onion creamed together in a delicious healthy soup. Packed full of flavor and depth, this soup will wow your guests —purely elizabeth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound parsnip
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 gala apple
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 can white beans
- vegetable stock
- himalayan sea salt
- La Tourangelle toasted pumpkin seed oil
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a parchment lined baked sheet drizzle 1/2 tbsp olive oil over parsnips.
- Slice off the top of the head of garlic, so that each clove inside is exposed. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and wrap in foil. Roast the garlic and parsnips for 45 minutes.
- When finished cooking, chop parsnips.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat remaining olive oil. Add diced onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes until fragrant. Add apples, parsnips, garlic (skin removed), and white beans. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add vegetable broth and bring to a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and serve with parmesan cheese, drizzled pumpkin seed oil and fresh rosemary.