If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My boyfriend made a dish similar to this for me one time and now it is my go to weekday recipe. The ingredients are easy to have on hand (just have to have fresh parsley, but that lasts for just over a week in the fridge). It is refreshing and stores well in the fridge. I usually go by feels to alter it to your taste! Takes less than 20 minutes. —sweetheart
Serves 1 as a whole meal, 2-3 as a side
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed and zested
- 1/2-1 tablespoons Olive Oil (I usually put 2 parts lemon juice to 1 part Olive Oil)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use garlic salt)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Israeli Couscous
- 2 handfuls chopped parsley, (add mint too if you would like,I love it!)
- 1/3 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup graped tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 avocado, chopped(optional, I add it for more sustinance sometimes)
- Cook the couscous in salted water for 8-10 minutes. While cooking, chop up the vegetables, and parsley into a boil. Mix up the lemon juice, zest, olive oil and garlic powder and sprinkle in.
- When the couscous is done cooking, drain and cool by pouring cold water over it. Once cool and drained, add to the vegetables and vinaigrette.
- Toss in the feta and you have a wonderful dish! It is great for potlucks (because you can make it ahead and refrigerate) or a fresh summer side.