If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Paired with the potent mix of pepper, green chillies and curry leaves, these chicken livers are slightly charred and fiery outside and soft and fragrant inside. This quick, South-Indian style stir fry is unbelievably simple and is delicious eaten with plain rice or even toast; and is great as an appetiser with ice-cold beer. —quiche'n'tell
- 300 g Fresh chicken livers, cleaned and trimmed of all connective tissue and cut into a big dice
- A handful of fresh curry leaves
- 2 Finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 Fresh green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon Black peppercorns roughly crushed in a mortar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and sauté the onions for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 20 seconds taking care not to burn them.
- Put in the green chillies, fry for 10 seconds and add the livers. Fry on medium-high heat to sear them. Once they get a nice brown coating (2-3 minutes), cover and cook for a further 5 minutes till soft and done.
- Continue to stir and add the curry leaves, salt and pepper. Fry for a minute more till the spices are incorporated. It should resemble an almost dry, stir-fry kind of appearance. Serve hot.