If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 24 hard boiled eggs
- 10 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 4 star anise
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (add more if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (add more if necessary)
- TEA EGG MARINADE: In a pot, add water, tea bags, cinnamon stick, star anise, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sea salt. Boil on high heat.
- With the hard boiled eggs, gently tap the outside of the egg shells with the back of a spoon to crack the shell evenly.
- In a slow cooker, arrange the eggs in the pot and add the boiling tea egg marinade. Set the slow cooker on high for about 1-2 hours. Let the eggs soak in the tea mixture for another 2 hours or overnight (for stronger tasting tea eggs) on low. Put eggs in a container and store in the refrigerator.