If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A balanced cold weather salad that features sweet persimmons and earthy radishes and red onions along with watercress and a lemony vinaigrette. For best results, use ripe but still firm Fuyu persimmons. —Elizabeth Stark
For the lemony vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 5 to 6 radishes
- 1 small head butter lettuce, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
- 2 ripe persimmons, sliced into half moons
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the lemon zest, juice, and sea salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until mixture is emulsified.
- Trim and peel the red onion and trim ends of radishes. Using the thinnest setting on a mandoline slicer, carefully slice the onion (first cut it in half, then slice one half at a time) and the radishes. Toss with a pinch or two of sea salt, and 2 tablespoons of the prepared vinaigrette.
- Toss greens in a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt and another tablespoon of vinaigrette. Tuck persimmon slices and the prepared radish and red onion slices throughout. Adjust sea salt levels. Finish with a drizzle of vinaigrette and several twists black pepper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!