If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Donuts are part of my family folklore. There is even a famous story about me and donuts ! Family rumor tells that I'd broken a tooth while eating a donut of my uncle Roland at the age of 9 ! You can already conclude that this is a coincidence and I let you judge for yourself the consistency of my uncle donuts.
This recipe is also in my family memories but a good one. This donut is a traditional italian recipe and its just so good. I served them during the Holiday seasons cause it taste like Christmas. —Nana Marmelade
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cardamom
- Half pinch clove
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Zest of a small orange
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Half of the spices mixture
- Heat peanut oil to 350 to 365 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer until the consistency is smooth. Make small quenelles with two spoons and drop into hot oil.
- Make a few donuts at a time or you will lower the temperature of your oil .
- Cook the donuts about 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and let drain briefly on a plate lined with paper towel Then quickly coat the donuts in a mixture of half of the spices and 1 cup of granulated sugar .
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2