If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have recently been practicing breakfast recipes for holiday family get togethers. This one is adapted from an excellent cook I know and I am so happy to share it. It is healthy, indulgent, and incredibly crowd pleasing all in one! Chocolate, blueberries, zucchini, coconut ..may I say more? —Dee
Makes 8-10 pancakes
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 cup full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup oat flakes (quinoa flakes are a great gluten-free option)
- 1/3 cup millet flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- pinch sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil warmed to liquid, (plus more for the pan)
- 1 medium zucchini, finely shredded
- 1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, mix coconut milk and flax seeds well. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine flours, oats, salt, and chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg with maple syrup until creamy and doubled in volume. Pour the milk and chia mixture into the large bowl with flours. Mix well.
- On medium heat, warm a skillet with a small amount of coconut oil. Ladle 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan to form 4 inch pancakes.
- Scatter blueberries on top of each pancake and gently press into the batter with a spatula. Cook until bubbles form ( about 1 minute). Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute, or until golden.
- Serve with maple syrup, berries, yogurt, or coconut whip cream (see other recipe)