If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dairy-free version of eggnog will blow your mind. It's rich, creamy, and it's just the right amount of sweet. Serve it spiked, or simply warm up a cup for a perfect, wintery afternoon treat. —Gena Hamshaw
Makes 6 cups
- 3/4 cup dry cashews, soaked overnight and drained (they'll plump up to about 1 cup as they soak)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 teaspoon (or 1/4 heaping teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cups bourbon or rum to taste (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender on high speed till smooth. It may take a few minutes for the mixture to become creamy and uniform; be patient. Serve warm or cold.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!