If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I threw this recipe together with a bunch of fresh farmers market ingredients. It is built around a delicious package of fresh mushroom ravioli sold at my farmers market, but you can substitute your favorite kind of ravioli. The sauce cooks quickly while the ravioli boil so be sure to prepare the ingredients ahead of time, and try to time everything to finish together. You will need about 4 minutes to cook the sauce components. —Esperanza Rossi
ounces fresh mushroom ravioli
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons minced garlic
cup raisins, soaked previously for one hour in hot water
cups arugula, washed and dried with salad spinner or kitchen towel
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water for ravioli to a boil, drop in the ravioli and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- When there are about 4 minutes left in the ravioli cooking time, warm the olive oil to medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the pine nuts and saute them for about a minute.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute, making sure that it does not brown.
- Add the raisins and arugula and stir for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Once most of the arugula has begun to wilt, add the cream and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove both pans from the heat, and drain the ravioli.
- Place the ravioli in a bowl, and top with the arugula and other sauce components. Serve immediately.