If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Coconut Currant Sourdough Bread Pudding is a snap to make, but looks and tastes like something far more time consuming. A dreamy and simple holiday season dessert. Based on Old Fashioned Bread Pudding (http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/old-fashioned-bread-pudding/). —Claire Margine
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 6 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried large flake coconut
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until milk is hot and butter is melted.
- Combine eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in bread cubes, then stir in milk/ butter mixture.
- Stir in half of the coconut and currants.
- Pour into an ungreased pan, top with remaining currants and coconut.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
More Great Recipes: Desserts