This recipe can be made both with chicken and Paneer. I will jot this down with chicken, the strictly vegetarians can replace the chicken with Paneer. —UK
- Serves 4
Cooking Olive Oil
Chicken Masala/ red chili powder for extra spice
Coriander powder dry
In This Recipe
- Cut the Chicken in approx 1 inch cube size.
- Grind the Black pepper to make a coarse powder, add curd and garlic cloves and grind again to make a paste.
- Apply evenly on the chicken and keep to marinade overnight or at least 8 hours
- The chicken/Paneer will absorb the flavors of garlic and pepper completely.
- Though you can use the marinated chicken immediately too, the flavor of the finished product is sure to differ.
- Cut one Onion in 1 inch cubes and chop fine the other one.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- Once they splutter add the fine onion and turmeric and stir well.
- Then add the onion cubes and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry well
- At this point the ingredients in the pan may look dry.
- Add more oil if needed but strictly no water.
- Once the powders have blended well with the onion, add the marinated chicken/ Paneer cubes to it.
- Stir fry well and cover the pan
- Allow to cook well.
- The Curd will start leaving water and help the chicken cook.
- Remove lid and keep stirring till the water evaporates.
- Add some more olive oil if needed and stir fry well.
- Add lime juice and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot as starters or as a side dish.