If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can (28 oz) dice tomatoes
- 2 potatoes diced
- 2 cup red lentils
- 10 cups water or low-sodium broth
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin, powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander, powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion cook for 5 min add carrot, celery, red pepper , potatoes,stir to combine cook for 5min .Add tomatoes and salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, black pepper.
- Add the lentils, water or broth, Bring up to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and let simmer, covered, until the lentils begin to fall apart, about 30-40 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in fresh cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans