If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the Dumpling Dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Dumpling Filling:
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1/2 cup shrimp paste
- 1 & 1/2 cups Chinese chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- DUMPLING DOUGH: In a large bowl, mix 3 cups of all purpose flour and 1 & 1/3 cups of water. Add salt to taste.
- Knead the dough for about 20 minutes or until a smooth ball is formed. If dough is still sticky, add more flour. Cover with wet towel and set aside for least 30 minutes.
- When dough is ready, cut the ball of dough into 4 pieces and reshape each into a long log. You should have a total of 4 equal-sized logs. Use a knife to cut the logs into 15-20 smaller pieces (each piece should be a size of a quarter), making 60-80 pieces total. Use your hand to make each one into a ball and flatten with a rolling pin to make a circular wrapper about 3 inches in diameter. If necessary, flour your area to prevent sticking.
- DUMPLINGS FILLING: In a bowl, mix dumpling filling ingredients (ground pork, shrimp paste, chives, ginger, sea salt, sugar, white pepper, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- DUMPLING: Place a small spoonful of filling into the center of the dumpling skin and seal it up by pressing down on the edges of the wrapper.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a dash of salt. Add the dumplings and boil until they float. Drain the dumplings and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!