If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has lots of zip–everything you could ever desire in the traditional Caesar salad but much healthier. Marinaded kale, crispy chickpeas, and the PERFECT dressing–the most delicious detox. —Madeline
Crispy Chickpeas Ingredients
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas–drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Start by making the chickpeas: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix chickpeas with oil and seasonings until evenly coated. Salt and pepper to taste. Place chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crisp.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from 3 lemons–divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups kale (a bunch)–stems removed and torn
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 avocado–sliced
- Dressing: Blend all of the garlic, mustard, tamari, tahini, juice from 2 lemons, and water in a blender until smooth. Season to taste. Add more water for a thinner consistency, if desired.
- Prep Kale: Mix kale in a large salad bowl with the juice from one lemon. Add a few pinches of salt and massage until well coated and slightly wilted.
- Assemble Salad: Toss kale with salad dressing and capers. Top with chickpeas and avocado slices. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes