If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe just happened. I needed dinner and grabbed what was on hand: dry pasta, kalamata olives, shallots and cheese. It's now my go-to meal after a long day or when unexpected guests drop by. —Elle Green
- 1 1/2 cups kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- sea salt
- Place spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water. Stir occasionally and cook until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add olives and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking. Add pasta and reserved pasta water. Season with sea salt to taste and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with parsley and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and enjoy.