If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oven roasted sweet potato rounds with nutrient-packed kale and walnut pesto. The ultimate vegan comfort food for winter. —Renee H. (SoulBeet)
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/4-1/2 cups raw hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1-2 large garlic cloves
- 2 pinches fine sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon or 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1-2 large garnet or jewel yams/ sweet potatoes
- 1-2 pinches paprika
- 1-2 pieces chili powder
- 1-2 pinches garlic powder
- 1-2 pinches freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 pinches fine sea salt
- Hefty drizzle of olive oil
- In a small food processor, pulse raw garlic cloves into a paste.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for olive oil, and pulse.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add olive oil until the desired consistency is achieved. (Use more or less oil, as needed).
- Taste and add more seasoning, if needed.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice scrubbed sweet potatoes into even rounds, about ¼ inch thick.
- Arrange in single layer on parchment-lined sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle slices with seasonings and flip to evenly distribute.
- Place on middle rack and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, flip the potatoes and bake for another 20-30 minutes (I like 'em crispy and a little burnt)
- While still warm, add a bit of pesto and voila!