If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not your Mama’s chicken salad! With a tangy dressing, fresh herbs, crisp chopped apples, grapes and crunchy pecans – it’s so good! —garlic and zest
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1 small apple, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped tarragon leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly toasted and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Add celery, onion, chicken, grapes and apple to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl stir together lemon juice, mayonnaise and whole grain mustard. Stir in chopped tarragon and taste for seasoning -- adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken. Using a large spoon or spatula, fold the mayonnaise into the chicken until well coated.
- Roughly chop the pecans, add them to the salad and stir to combine.
- Great served with toasted bread or on a bed of greens.