If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very quick and easy soup that is also oil free. It’s great warm, but don’t be afraid to try it cold on a hot summer day. Check out the original at: http://thecleangourmet.com/2013/08/20/zucchini-soup-vellutata-di-zucchini/ —Amelia Lundy
- 4 zucchini
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2-1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to serve
- goat cheese or yogurt, to serve
- mint, torn into pieces, to serve
- Throw zucchini, shallots, onion and broth into a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiled, turn heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in mint leaves, spinach, lemon, salt and pepper. Purée in blender or with an immersion blender. Adjust lemon, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately and top with goat cheese or yogurt, pepper and a sprinkling of torn mint. (Great cold too!)