If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great way to get your kids to eat beets--these sweet & crispy morsels will trick them every time. I like to scrub the beets very well but leave the peel on; you retain many more nutrients that way. —RellaBellaK
large beets, scrubbed
tablespoon vegetable oil
tablespoons dark brown sugar
teaspoon lemon zest
- Heat a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease 2 baking sheets.
- Blanch beets: Slice beets very thinly with a mandoline (about 1/8-inch thick). add to boiling water and cook 1 minute, then remove and place in bowl of ice water until cool. Dry beet slices, place in a large ziploc bag and add oil, tossing to coat.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, salt and pepper and add to bag, shaking to coat well. Lay chips in a single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake beets at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until crispy (may take longer or shorter depending on how thinly you sliced the beets). Serve immediately, or cool and store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets