If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since it’s been so cold in Italy, I have been craving soups! This is my favourite soup, I make it on a regular basis. It tastes amazingly good, it’s packed with proteins and complex carbohydrates and it’s incredibly easy and quick to make, perfect to warm you up on cold winter days.
I totally love buckwheat, with its particular flavor and the intriguing pyramidal shape, I think it marries beautifully with legumes and vegetables. Also, it provides a huge supply of vitamins, fibers and proteins and it’s gluten free, so if you’re gluten intolerant you can still enjoy this healthy and delicious soup. —DeesLittleKitchen
- 1 cup Buckwheat
- 3/4 cup Red lentils
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 carrot, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 stack of celery, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- spices of choice
- Place red lentils in a pot and rinse very well until the water runs clear. Finely chop onion, carrots and celery and sauté in a pot with extravirgin olive oil. Add buckwheat, stir and add water and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes. Add red lentils and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Season with salt and spices of your choice, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and a few drops of extravirgin olive oil.