If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Broccoli roasted with tahini, garlic, and lemon becomes crispy and creamy. —Laurie
Food52 Review: WHO: Laurie is a mother of two corgis and two daughters (not necessarily in that order—though both sets love her cooking).
WHAT: An addictive, tahini-soaked spin on roasted broccoli.
HOW: Toss broccoli in a mixture of tahini, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper, then bake for 10 minutes, eat one immediately, and try to save the rest for dinner.
WHY WE LOVE IT: When we first saw the broccoli come out of the oven, we had every intention of saving it to eat with lunch—but that didn't happen. Within a matter of minutes, we'd eaten every crispy, lemon-spiked stalk straight off the pan. —The Editors
Serves 2 to 4 as a side
- 2 tablespoons tahini, well stirred
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to serve
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Several grinds black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the broccoli in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add broccoli and toss well to thoroughly coat. Scatter on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Serve hot for best flavor, squeezing a little extra lemon juice on top.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!