If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An updated potato salad, minus the mayo, is made with roasted red, white and blue mini potatoes, fresh herbs and a mustardy olive oil dressing. I use red, white and blue potatoes and serve it for 4th of July. —Kim at Something New For Dinner
- 3 pounds red, white and blue waxy mini potatoes.
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole-grained mustard
- 1.5 tablespoons Jerez Spanish sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 handful chives, chopped
- 1 handful mint, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub and dry the potatoes. Leave the smaller potatoes whole and cut any larger potatoes in half so they are all bite-sized.
- Drizzle the potatoes with 1.5 T olive oil and toss with your hands to evenly coat the potatoes in the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 15 minutes, flip them over with a spatula and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Make the dressing while the potatoes roast. Put the shallot, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl and stir to combine. Gradually whisk in the olive oil to create an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Add chives, mint and celery and toss with the dressing. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0