If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thin slices of potatoes baked with goat cheese, blue cheese, leeks, mushrooms and cream creates the ultimate comfort food. Delicious with a beautiful medium-rare steak and a glass of cabernet. —Kim at Something New For Dinner
tablespoons unsalted butter
leeks, washed and sliced (white parts and a little of the light green)
pound mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 t
fresh thyme, chopped
teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
pounds yukon gold potatoes, cut in 1/8" slices
ounces crumbled goat cheese
ounces gorganzola or other creamy blue cheese
tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 pan. Melt the remaining butter in a large skillet and saute the leeks for about 3 minutes until softened. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper, and half the the thyme and rosemary. Saute for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and their juices have absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange one half of the potato slices in an overlapping pattern in the bottom of the baking pan so the entire surface is covered. Season with the remaining herbs and salt and pepper. Spread the mushroom and leek mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with goat and blue cheese and half the grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Cover the mushroom, leek and cheese layer with another layer of overlapping potatoes.
- Mix the cream and the milk together and pour carefully over the potatoes, using a spatula to gently press down on the potatoes to submerge them. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour until golden brown on top. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cover with foil to keep hot if not serving right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0