If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crunchy cabbage, shaved brussels and toothsome kale with cranberries, pecans and a sweet lemon poppyseed dressing – awesome! —garlic and zest
for the salad:
- 3 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup thinly sliced brussel sprouts (stems removed)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
for the lemon poppyseed dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Add pancetta and cook until golden brown. With a slotted spoon transfer pancetta to a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a small bowl add the sugar, vinegar, dry mustard, kosher salt, oil, grated onions, lemon zest and poppy seeds. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, cabbage, brussel sprouts, carrot and cranberries. Add the lemon juice to the salad and toss to combine. Add pecans, pancetta and feta cheese. Dress the salad with enough salad dressing to evenly coat the greens, but don't overdo it. If there's leftover dressing, save it for another salad. Serve.