If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband was craving his mother's braciole. When I finally got hold of the recipe, I thought it needed some love. Having looked at literally dozens of recipes, I landed on this take. Hope you all enjoy it! —Kingfishercooks
- 1 pound Skirt steak, cut into two, pounded to 1/4 inch
- 3 Pieces thinly sliced procuitto
- 4 Thin slices provolone
- 1 Large garlic clove finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Roughly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Shredded parmasean cheese
- 2 tablespoons Fresh basil chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons Toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Plain bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 dash Red wine, to deglaze pan
- 1 24oz jar Rao's marinara sauce
- Lay the skirt steak on cutting board and pound to 1/4 inch approx. cut it in half crosswise so you have pieces. Salt and pepper generously
- Cover the two pices with procuitto. Don' let it hang out over the edges.
- Sprinkle half of the garlic over the prosciutto on each piece. Then do the same with the parm, basil, and breadcrumb. I like this better than blending them together and putting on...
- Gently toast the pine nuts until they are golden brown and divide them onto the two pieces of meat. Top with the provolone slices, again, not letting it hang over the edge.
- Heat the olive oil. Jelly roll the skirt stake masterpieces and use 4 toothpicks to secure.
- Brown on all sides. Will take about 8 minutes.
- Remove excess oil. Deglaze the pan with red wine- just a dash, and boil it away. Add the meat back and pour the entire jar of sauce over top. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer about 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve. Because the skirt steak is narrow, the rolls will look huge but they shrink when they cook. So there is no need to slice thinly for each plate, or to make smaller individual rolls like my husband's mom did with flank steak