Author Notes: Delicious side for any summer meal. —abuck
ears of corn
fresh ripe tomatoes
oil, salt, pepper, good quality paprika
- Prepare a charcoal grill to high heat. Prepare a large pot of heavily salted boiling water.
- Cut all of the ears of corn in half, this will make it easier to remove the kernels.
- Blanch the corn until bright yellow, remove from the pot and let air dry for a few minutes.
- Place all the corn on the grill and begin to burn each side a little bit. You want a good mix of burned and not burned kernels.
- Dice up the tomatoes, add them to a large bowl.
- Remove corn from the grill and cut all the kernels off.
- Add the corn to the bowl along with salt, pepper, and about a tablespoon of paprika. Add olive oil, mix until lightly coated.
- Adjust seasoning, serve.