If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A warm, comforting porridge made with oats. The rose, cardamom and honey elevate the humble oats to an almost dessert like quality in this recipe. —Richa Gupta
- 1 cup Instant Cooking Oats
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 teaspoons dried Rose Petals
- 3 pieces Cardamom pods, crushed
- 2-3 teaspoons Honey
- Add rose petals and cardamom pods to milk and slowly bring to a simmer. Avoid bringing to a boil quickly so that the flavors permeate the milk. I used 2% skim milk, but feel free to use any kind.
- Strain the milk and discard the rose petals and cardamom pods.
- In the same vessel, add oats, honey and the milk and cook for 3-4 minutes, adjusting its consistency to suit you. Add more milk to thin the porridge if you like. 1/4-1/2 cup will not alter the taste.