If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yukon Gold potatoes get a flavor boost with parsnips and rutabagas, and topped with spicy horseradish-spiked panko crumbs. —Lily Kayte
Serves 10 to 12
- 1-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 medium parsnips
- 2-1/2 cups peeled cubed rutabaga
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons bottled well-drained white horseradish
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Peel and cube the potatoes and parsnips and combine with rutabaga and salt in a large soup pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet, melt half of the butter over medium heat, add panko crumbs and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted golden brown. Stir in horseradish; remove from heat.
- Drain vegetables and return them to the pot. Mash over low heat, gradually adding milk, pepper and remaining butter. Transfer to a big serving dish and sprinkle with panko crumbs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0