If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
pounds red beets
cup apple cider vinegar
tablespoon sea salt
red onions if you are making shredded version
- When you are baying go for same size firm beets.
- Do not cut stems or roots, just wash well.
- Cook them for 40-60 min deepens on size, or until you can easily poke them with a fork.
- Drain and let beets cool so you can handle them easily.
- Cut off the roots and stems, skin supposes to slip easily.
- At this point, you can slice or shred beets.
- If it is slicing, go with 3-4 mm.
- If it is shredding, I use a mandolin, but any cheese grater will do, on 3 beets shred one red onion same size like a beet.
- Combine the vinegar, salt, sugar and water. Divide vinegar between slice and shredded beets.
- Let sit for 1 hour, taste and adjust seasoning.
- It gets better next day, you can kip in the frig for weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad