If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick,yummy curry with garlic roasted potatoes.This is intended to be a dry curry,served with Nan or Roti. —Swetha Chellappa
- 1 White or red onions,chopped into small pieces.
- 4-5 Yukon Gold Potatoes,peeled and cubed.
- 1 bunch Spinach,washed and chopped.
- 3-4 Thai chili peppers (or 1-2 Jalapenos) cut longitudinally.
- 4-5 pearls of Garlic,minced or chopped into small pieces.
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste,divided.
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala,divided.
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Powder,divided.
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 dash Salt,divided.
- Add 1-1.5 tablespoon of oil to a pan and add ginger and garlic paste to it (The paste is available in most Asian stores.I make it myself,but blending equal quantities of ginger & garlic together).Saute.
- Add the cubed potatoes,a dash of salt,a dash each of cumin powder,cayenne pepper powder, and garam masala to it and mix well so that all the spices coat the potatoes well.Do not cover the pan,we want crispy potatoes.Keep an eye on the potatoes and saute occasionally so they don't get burnt.We want crispy,golden-brown potatoes.
- While the potatoes are getting cooked,add a teaspoon of oil to a pan.Add cumin seeds ,ginger-garlic paste,thai chili peppers,garlic and mix well.
- Add the onions and salt.Saute the onions every now and then so they don't get burnt.When the onions turn golden-brown,add the spinach (or cauliflower)and mix well.I like adding spices in stages,so if you think you'd like more spices,add some now.Mix well.Cover and leave it to cook for a while.(Cauliflower might take a little longer than spinach to cook)
- When the potatoes are done,add them to the onion and spinach(or cauliflower mix).Garnish with cilantro and serve with nan,roti or rice.