If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Visually and gastronomically pleasing, this salad will surely be the star of any potluck. Packed with fresh basil, onion, peppers and corn, it starts to resemble confetti more and more— let the party begin! —Alter Eco
- 1.5 cups Alter Eco quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup tightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- Rinse Quinoa thoroughly in cool water and drain.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn, cover and cook until water is absorbed.
- Let cool, then transfer mixture to large serving bowl. Toss well with fork, fluffing quinoa.
- Add basil, peppers and onion. Stir in oil and enough lemon juice to give salad a distinct lemony edge. Adjust seasons to taste.