If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my friend steve was in town this weekend. after a long night out around the far boroughs of nyc, I decided it was best to wake up to a plate of eggs. I had quite a bit of delicious new york produce leftover from a recent farmers market trip and decided to take advantage of it with this comfortable, but spicy, version of baked eggs. —abuck
Serves as many as you would like
- cured pork belly
- wisconsin cheddar cheese
- set oven to 400F.
- saute lardons of cured pork belly, remove from pan when done. in the same pan, saute shallot, garlic, and a chopped arugula. butter or oil a number of ramekins, add some of the mixture to each, then top with shredded cheese.
- carefully crack two eggs into each ramekin.
- place ramekins on a sheet pan, then bake for 15-20 minutes, until the egg whites have set.
- when egg whites have set, top each ramekin with additional cheese and broil or torch the cheese to burn.
- orange juice
- spring garlic
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit, remove all of the flesh with a spoon and add to a bowl.
- Extract a small amount of juice from an orange, add to the avocado. Finely dice jalapeno, add to mix. Finely dice spring garlic, add. season with salt and pepper, serve on top of the baked eggs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs