If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's nothing quite like going to the farmers’ market and just looking at what’s in season — what looks ripe and fresh and delicious. This salad works to include some fall flavors with a really unique dressing. As a plus, it goes perfectly as a side dish with a ribeye or roasted chicken! —Cava Grill
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon french mustard
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 large potatoes boiled till fork tender, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 pint mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 green apple, julienned
- 1 cup roughy chopped purple kale, or whatever kale you have on hand
- 1/2 cup of any herbs available at the market, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place garlic and shallot on a piece of parchment paper-lined foil, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Wrap package to enclose, and roast until garlic and shallot are very soft, about 45 minutes. Set aside to cool. Remove garlic from each clove, and peel shallot.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine roasted garlic and shallot, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice. With machine running, drizzle in oil; process until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, kale, apple, and tomatoes, and season with salt and cracked pepper. Then, add all of the vinaigrette and toss lightly.