If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm, comforting, and decadent. A beautiful and elegant risotto made with leeks, mushrooms, white wine, and finished with cashew cheese. —Madeline
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 leeks-sliced and rinsed
- 4 cloves of garlic-minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms-sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup Dry vegan white wine
- 4 tablespoons Nary Dairy Herbed Cream Qi'Z Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas-thawed
- 1 lemon
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a small sauce pan. Set aside and keep warm over very low heat.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. When hot, add the leek, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and lots of freshly cracked pepper. Cook until translucent–about 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned–another minute or so. Add the rice and toast, stirring constantly, until it smells nutty-about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine, stirring continuously until the liquid is absorbed. Add one ladle of the warm stock, and stir the risotto until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Continue the process one ladle at a time until all of the stock has been absorbed, stirring often–a total of about 20 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the Nary Dairy cheese until fully incorporated. Top with peas, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately, adding a squeeze of lemon over each serving to finish the dish.