Sweet potatoes, mushrooms, onion, and cinnamon warm you up when it's just been one of those nights. —Haley Hansen
What You'll Need
large sweet potato, diced
sweet onion, diced
fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Bring the potato cubes to a boil, letting them boil for about 7-8 minutes. Pour into a strainer and let cool. Sprinkle with some of the salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the oil and garlic. Throw in the onion and sauté until it becomes translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 more minutes, so the mushrooms brown a little.
3. Finally, add the diced sweet potato and stir. While it cooks, beat the eggs and egg white.
4. When the potato has had the chance to cook for a little while, pour in the beaten eggs and stir. Lower the temperature to low so the eggs don’t burn quickly. Keep stirring until the eggs are cooked through and scrambled to perfection.
5. Last but not least, sprinkle with more salt, pepper, and cinnamon, and the fresh chopped cilantro.
6. Dig in – but be careful. It’s hot. Hot, hot, hot, but so very good, good, good.