If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy side dish satisfies with sweet roasted tomatoes, topped with a crunchy crumb topping! —garlic and zest
- 1 large, ripe tomato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 slice bread, crusts removed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice tomato in half crosswise. Scoop seeds out of the tomatoes. Sprinkle the tomato halves with salt and pepper.
- Place a cast iron or heavy skillet on the stove and turn the heat on to medium high. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and tip it around to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add the tomatoes, cut side down to the hot skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, until slightly softened and seared.
- Remove from heat and carefully flip tomatoes over so the cut sides are up. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the tomatoes. Drizzle half a tablespoon of olive oil over each tomato.
- Place the bread and thyme leaves into a mini prep food processor and pulse to fine bread crumbs. Toss the breadcrumbs with the last tablespoon of olive oil to coat.
- Divide the breadcrumbs over each tomato half. Place the skillet in the oven. Roast for 15 minutes.