If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mashed potatoes out of a box were hands down my favorite food as a child. My mom and dad will vouch for that. I'm pretty sure it's the first thing I learned to make. And by make, I mean microwave.
So that leads me to this recipe. Mashed potatoes are a favorite of mine. Instead of using potatoes though, I subbed in cauliflower. And instead of all the cream and butter, I have used mostly non-fat Greek yogurt. I'm so addicted. —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower (leaves removed, rough chop)
- 1 tablespoon tbsp dried, roasted garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried shallots or 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add chicken broth and a few cups of water to a pot. Bring to a slow boil. Add salt, dried garlic/garlic powder, dried shallots/onion powder, a big pinch of salt and pepper. Add cauliflower, cover and let boil for 5-7 minutes. Cauliflower should be fork tender.
- Drain cauliflower in a fine mesh sieve, or something that will catch all the little pieces. Return to pot with no heat on.
- Mix in Greek yogurt, butter, salt and pepper to taste. Puree with an immersion blender until there are no big chunks of cauliflower left. Transfer to a small baking dish.
- Pop into the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and serve with something with lots of sauce!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe